What’s it All About?
Budda-Jitja is a revolutionary computer-based and mentored training program built and designed by Jobfind that helps our Indigenous clients prepare for working life and better understand what employers want. There are 14 animated education courses which use Indigenous characters and real-life examples to help you develop skills to “Work for Life”.
Literally meaning “Brother, Sister”, Budda-Jitja was created by our own Indigenous team within the Jobfind family. It’s Australia’s first pre-employment training program designed specifically for Indigenous job seekers and has been successfully used by thousands of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people – that means that the training has directly resulted in employment.
Over the years, Budda-Jitja has not just helped Indigenous people but job seekers from a wide variety of cultural backgrounds. So, could you use this kind of training? Register with Jobfind and begin your education with these fun and easy-to-follow online courses. And, if you need a little help along the way, there are Mentors who can answer your questions and discuss the things you’re learning.
What Can You Learn?
Budda-Jitja will give you the real skills you need to find, get and keep a job. Not all the training courses will apply to you but we’re sure you’ll find some of these very useful:
- Using a Computer: learn computer basics such as getting started on the computer, creating documents and using the internet.
- Time for Work: understanding different types of time, timetables, maps and time management.
- Starting Work: what to expect and do during your first days, weeks and months of work.
- Managing your Money: now that you have regular pay, learn how to budget and pay your bills with our tips for money management.
- Dealing with the other Mob: how to get along with the people you work with.
- Setting Work Goals: helps you with choosing and setting goals and gives you a few tips on how to stay on track.
- Health, Nutrition and Presentation: looking good and feeling good can get you that job
- Breaking Down Barriers: there are lots of different people from different cultures in the workplace and we’ll show you how to work with them and create a great team environment.
- Mentoring Your Mob: why Mentoring is important and how you can become a Mentor.
- Negotiating Skills: solving problems and negotiating can be a tricky thing so this course will show you how to negotiate with people at work and home.
- Consider Relocating: you may need to move for that perfect job and here we bring to life reasons to relocate and what to do before and after your move.
- Writing for Work: how to take notes and write clear work documents.
- Reading for Work: some work documents can be a bit complicated so here you’ll learn about filling in forms and how to read and understand forms and contracts.
- Maths for Work: learn about the different types of maths you use at work including sums, fractions and percentages.
Learn Anywhere With Our ‘Classroom in a Box’
For people in remote Australian communities, Jobfind has developed the ‘Classroom in a Box.’ This is a portable container that holds as many as 8 laptops that are networked to a local server. It can fit in a small car or helicopter, meaning that Budda-Jitja is truly accessible anywhere.
Accredited Training Too!
In 2010, we launched Budda-Jitja as a Certificate I in Vocational Preparation. Indigenous participants end up with work and life skills that gains them a qualification which is recognised nationally by employers.
To achieve the Certificate I, you’re required to complete the 14 online modules above, an OH&S module and some assessment activities… and Jobfind is there all along the way to help you achieve it.
Want to Take a Look?
Click on the image below to watch a short presentation on Budda-Jitja: